If you are interested in joining our team, please review the career opportunities below and send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please consider volunteering with us to open opportunities for future employment.
It is the policy of the Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.
Summary: The Bilingual Sexual Assault Counselor (Spanish) will provide counseling and advocacy services to survivors of sexual assault and their loved ones. We are currently hiring for both a full-time and part-time position. Current Texas license as LPC Intern, LMFT Associate, LPC, LMFT, or LCSW is required.
- Provide support and contribute to a working environment in which all individuals are respected regardless of their individual differences.
- Adhere to all agency policies and guidelines.
- Assess clients’ needs and determine their appropriateness for the services of Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center (DARCC). Make referrals to appropriate community resources for clients deemed not appropriate for or in need of additional services.
- Proactively manage client caseload through regular follow up calls and scheduling client intakes and appointments. It is expected that at least 50% of the therapist’s time is spent providing direct client services.
- Provide crisis intervention, psycho-education and support, and/or on-going therapy to survivor clients and their support system members on-site at DARCC.
- Develop and facilitate support and/or therapeutic groups.
- Research best practices and assist in ensuring that services provided to victims of sexual abuse/assault are culturally responsive, survivor-centered, and trauma-informed.
- Develop and maintain relationships with community service providers and organizations to facilitate referrals and coordination of services for clients.
- Provide consultation for staff and volunteers as needed.
- Attend professional workshops/conferences to enhance clinical skills in the field of sexual assault and to maintain professional credentials.
- Maintain and keep current and confidential all client files.
- Generate monthly reports to the Clinical Director in a timely manner.
- Initiate change in protocol, forms, and reports to better serve the client and agency needs.
- Adhere to state law and professional ethical principles. Maintain current credentials and provide license documentation, when applicable.
- Participate fully in clinical team meetings and individual supervision.
- Provide on-call staff back up on an as-needed basis.
- Conduct outreach to the community as needed.
- Assist in the training and support of clinical interns.
- Complete DARCC Sexual Assault Advocate training within 6 months of hire date.
- Participate in the delivery of Sexual Assault Advocate Training to new staff, interns and volunteers.
- Participate in agency events.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Due to the pandemic, and in accordance with state and city regulations, DARCC has been providing services remotely since March 16th, 2020. All staff continue to work from home, and we regularly assess the necessity and effectiveness of this arrangement. For the safety of our counselors and clients, we are currently conducting all sessions through the online platform Zoom. It is most likely that we will continue virtual counseling through the end of the year. All applicants must be able to ensure privacy, professionalism, and internet connectivity from their homes, to the best of their abilities. (DARCC issues laptops to all employees.)
Summary: The purpose of the On-Call Staff Advocate is to ensure that the needs of DARCC Clients are served in a timely, efficient manner.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering crisis calls on the 24 hour crisis line.
- Responsible for providing hospital accompaniment at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas for any victim who presents for a SANE exam.
- Responsible for completing all required documentation of services provided and hours worked.
- Responsible for assisting volunteers with questions and/or concerns during their volunteer shifts.
- Responsible for submitting timesheet on a bi-weekly basis.
- Responsible for staying in communication with Director of Advocacy Services, attending mandatory meetings, and participate in being a mentor to upcoming training classes.
- Responsible for participating in on-going continued education.